nels.city — log
Follow along with RSS or get social with the activitypub protocol on Mastodon.
23Q3 Fall equinox
2023 Summer solstice
2023 Spring equinox
- Installed solar on our roof
- First adoption hearing for El Paso Downtown + Uptown Master plan
- Started a new project for the New Rochelle Climate Vulnerability Assessment
- Making progress with housing analyis using big data
2022 Winter solstice
- Starting a hand-coded RSS as a kind of changelog for this static website.
- Logged off Twitter (at least until its managed better), still looking for a replacement, or accepting that not every thought has to be microblogged, and that it was always a distraction? Anyway a season for change. I like the idea of ActivityPub but am not convinced that any of the Mastodon instances that I've seen will actually be up and running in 20 years, whereas this static HTML could be around for quite a while. I also pulled my Twitter archive into HTML, including forking this Twitter Parser to reverse the results and put it all in one file.
- Forked Jeff Kauffman’s Apartment Prices to analyze some other areas.
- Getting more serious about this website thing. Moved nels.city from GitHub Pages because its a public repo to a private repo and Cloudflare pages. So far so good. Allows me to keep working files on here without it being as exposed.
- Started archiving fun projects at wetland.io